Vacationing Away From Your Home
Warmer weather and cloud-free skies may have you dreaming of leaving your home for a vacation.
No matter where you choose to journey for your break away trip, take the time to make preparations to your home before leaving.
A few smart steps toward protecting your home while you are way, could mean the world to you when you return.
Tips For Securing Your Home
- Appoint a look-out. Ask a good friend or “watch-worthy” neighbor to keep an eye on your place while you’re away.
- Wait until after you return from vacation to post your photos to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Otherwise you are alerting “friends” and others that may be less than friendly of your absence.
- Think about ways to keep your home from looking empty while you are vacationing. From house sitters and timers to placing holds on your mail and newspaper delivery, there is plenty you can do to make your home seem less vacant.
- Secure your garage door and any pet entrances with locks before leaving town as it can provide easier access to your home.
- Timed lights, a well-kept home, and motion detectors can be a deterrent to thieves as well.
- And although pets can be a great deterrent to those who may harm your home, when you leave town, you must make arrangements for their boarding and care.
What Others Are Saying